Missouri: Goal: #15 Coady Andrews Asst: #23 Byron Alvarez (12:53) Goal: #8 Milan Ivanovic Asst: #10 Jeff Hughes (14:15)

2nd Quarter:

Missouri: Goal #11 Mads Falck Asst: #12 Robert Palmer, #10 Hughes (1:54) Goal: #10 Hughes Asst: #23 Alvarez #32 Lucas Rodriguez (4:12)

3rd Quarter:

Missouri: Goal: #12 Palmer Asst: #3 Christiano (4:34)

Milwaukee: Goal: #79 Hewerton Asst: #7 Luan Oliveira (4:57) Goal: #21 Giuliano Oliviero Asst: #8 Fabinho (11:15)

4th Quarter:

Milwaukee: Goal: #79 Hewerton Asst: #7 Oliveira (1:37) Goal: #7 Oliveira Asst: #21 Olivierio (8:00) Goal: Hewerton  Asst: Oliviero (14:38)

Milwaukee: Goal: Oliviero Asst: #6 Tom Oatley (8:48)

The Milwaukee Wave was ready to start their defense of the MISL Championship. They kicked things off against the Missouri Comets, who have played Milwaukee tough all regular season. The Comets started off strong, scoring the game’s first ten points. The Wave wouldn’t go down without a fight scoring 12 straight points, the final two in overtime to defeat the Comets 12-10 and give the Wave a 1-0 series lead.

In the 1st quarter both teams were kept scoreless until late when #15 Coady Andrews and #8 Milan Ivanovic of Missouri connected late to put the Comets up 4-0 after one quarter of play.

The second quarter started with Missouri scoring two goals in five minutes to extend their lead to 8-0. #11 Mads Falck found the net on passes from #10 Jeff Hughes and #12 Robert Palmer. Then it was Hughes scoring with assists from #23 Byron Alvarez and #32 Lucas Rodriguez. That was all the scoring that would occur for the quarter and at the half Milwaukee trailed 8-0.

Missouri increased their lead to 10-0 on a goal from Palmer, the assist courtesy of #3 Christiano. The Wave came back with a goal off a restart by #79 Hewerton, with an assist from #7 Luan Oliveira, putting the score at 10-2. #21 Giuliano Oliviero would put one in the net for Milwaukee to trim their deficit to 10-4 heading into the final quarter.

Early on in the 4th quarter Hewerton and Oliveira would connect once again, trimming Missouri’s lead to 10-6. Later in the quarter Milwaukee’s Oliviero would find Oliveira to make it 10-8. With 22 seconds remaining Hewerton completed his hat trick and sent the game into overtime tied at 10-10.

In overtime the Wave saw a few shots come close to finding the net, but with just under nine minutes #6 Tom Oatley found Oliviero, who fired a shot past Missouri goalkeeper #24 Danny Waltman, to complete the Wave’s comeback and give them the win over Missouri.